Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you defend your country?
(03-16-2022, 08:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't answer for me personally. In my current state I would do what I could to help any defensive effort. I would be a battlefield liability in my current physical condition, but trying to assist in logistics or something would be my bag. Obviously you don't want to run around unarmed in a war zone regardless of your role, and I wouldn't have any problem slinging my AR on and packing a sidearm for such an occasion. I just know that my place would not be actively seeking engagements with the enemy.

"Defending" your country doesn't necessarily mean running around with a rifle and fighting on the front lines. It takes a lot of people to let those who are seeking engagements able to keep doing so. 7:1 was the support-to-combat ratio I was always told. Just look at how shitty Russia's logistics have been and the results of that. 

(03-16-2022, 09:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I were to guess... I'm going to say the psychology points to the "fish in a barrel" situation. There are many Dems are packed into large cities and may feel an aggressor could cut off necessities or decimate large swaths of the city efficiently. The R's probably feel more confident in evading and retaliating with large portions of them populating rural areas that have much more cover and resources for survival. I know most of the people in my area would scream "Wolverines !" and chuckle somewhat maniacally as they skip towards the woodline.

Yeah, I am probably rural enough that I don't know if I would actually be in a better situation by trying to leave even if I entertained the idea. I certainly wouldn't want to be in a city and I can imagine it would be harder to just go live a rural life if you've never known it and you don't know anyone/anywhere out there. There's something to be said about living in an area where there's less (obviously not no, but less) outside dependency on starving to death, freezing to death, or obtaining potable water.

(03-17-2022, 09:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Americans are pretty bizarre.  We'd defend our country to the death if some one invaded but we're also mulling over the value of having a civil war and overthrowing our own government at the moment. 

Any invading force is going to be smart enough to play to one side of our divided populace and hamstring our defense immediately.  

If 7 of 10 Republicans are determined to defend this county, I'm getting them on my side before I invade.  The playbook of how to charm them has been written.  We are here to make right the 2020 election and save you from your communist government.

Isn't that the "I can hit my brother, but if you hit my brother, I am going to have to kick your ass" situation? Lol

Not sure it matters WHAT the message is so long as it comes from an outsider. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-15-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 06:29 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - CJD - 03-16-2022, 07:53 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - Stewy - 03-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Would you defend your country? - Rotobeast - 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-16-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - TheLeonardLeap - 03-22-2022, 05:50 PM
RE: Would you defend your country? - treee - 03-17-2022, 05:32 PM