Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL Free Agents - Bengals vs. Steelers
(03-22-2022, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure that Cappa and Karras will not be suited for a wide zone attack.  Looking at some footage of their blocking, they both seem to be agile and quick enough to get out wide and down field.  Just because they haven't played in a Wide Zone scheme doesn't mean that they won't transition well to it.  I will say that Karras becoming the player that he is, is likely a benefit from the coaching and development he received with the Patriots.  His draft profile looked pretty grim.

Not saying Cappa and Karras can't do it as you know. I am just thinking we might see some different schemes, not all 
wide zone with the guys we added. They can do a lot, all of them and I expect with these vets Pollack can get this OL 
to where he wants it. Just watched La'el talking and he said Pollack was the best OL coach he has ever been around, 
hands down. I like hearing this from a talented player like La'el Collins as I have felt the same about Pollack in the past
but the guy isn't a miracle worker either and I still don't understand putting a guy like Adeniji out there...

Whether this was Pollack's decision or not it was a bad one. Would take Carman or FJ over what we were seeing.

(03-22-2022, 05:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The wide zone fit us well with the guys we had.  There are no individual assignments, simply block the first guy that crosses your face and allows the RB to move with the flow looking for a breakdown ion containment.

I am all for us utilizing some old school in-line power plays especially to the right side this year.  I also predict more double-slide as we have guys now that can sustain a block.

Yes, thinking we see some different blocking than only wide zone in the run game now. Nothing wrong with having more 
to pick from as long as it doesn't confuse anybody. Keep it simple as much as possible. Watching La'el he is special. Such a
great athlete for a big man with insane strength, punch and quickness. Very good pass blocker as well as long as he doesn't
do too much 2 hand punches or let his guy get inside. These are his only weaknesses that I see.

Cappa and Karras are very sound fundamentally and technically which is what makes them so good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OL Free Agents - Bengals vs. Steelers - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2022, 06:30 PM