Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Karras : Is He Related to the Detroit Lions' Great?
(03-22-2022, 06:36 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm kinda old so a lot of you younger guys may not remember him but there was a really good player who played for the Lions when I was a kid by the name of Alex Karras. Alex was a defensive lineman and he also did some acting and sportcasting.

Seeing that Ted is a lineman  and the name Karras isn't exactly a household name, I got to thinking  that maybe he is, in some way, related to the great Alex Karras.  I'm too lazy today to look it up, plus I figure I would learn more from the input of the folks on here. Plus, I'd probably get my answer faster than if I tried to chase it down on the internet. Is Ted related to the Lions' great???  If so, his pedigree is impressive.   Thanks in advance for your help.

Uncle or great uncle.. Yeah..related..
Him and Rosy Greer were the two NFL brutes getting a lot of publicity back then.. Greer was known for needle point for some reason.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ted Karras : Is He Related to the Detroit Lions' Great? - grampahol - 03-23-2022, 09:00 AM