Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking- How Do I Strengthen My Triceps?!
(03-23-2022, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As someone who actively coaches people with both strength building, and assisting with rehab from injuries, the best advice that I can offer to you is this;

Start dedicating time each day doing exactly what you are going to be demanding of your triceps on that day, walking using your walker.  Build up the time and distance that you go each day, taking one to two days per week as rest days.  You need these muscles to perform for endurance, no type or amount of traditional strength training exercises are going to get the job done like progressively increasing the time you spend asking them to support your weight on the walker.  It will be tough at first, but those muscles will adapt to the work/load being put upon them.

I thought about that but, the only problem is, I don't have someone to go places and walk with me all the time. I'm usually pretty good but I do tend to lose my balance when I get tired. 

I could just walk around my place some and hope I don't fall, or I have a hallway with rails on the side that I walk up and back in (without the walker), but that will be a ***** and get very boring.

You're changing my whole new mode of attack! 

THANKS SUNSET!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking- How Do I Strengthen My Triceps?! - BFritz21 - 03-23-2022, 05:35 PM