Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
(03-22-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic
https://twitter.com/kevincolepff/status/1506251892711636995?s=21

Cool stuff....looks pretty accurate but I think the "growth" of the Colts is a little exaggerated.  They still are lacking offensive weapons and teams will load up the box against their rushing attack.  They also don't have a first round pick.  Wentz had a solid season, with a terrible ending.  At least he is mobile.  I am not thinking with Matt Ryan they will take a huge leap, but they do have a great line and solid defense.

Raiders and Broncos belong up there, but one could argue they had a lot of room to improve.  I give the Raiders credit for how they played down the stretch last year (and in the playoff game) but aside from their pass rush, they didn't have much on defense.

The one that seems way out of place to me is the Vikings.  Adding a pass rusher like Smith and a DT like Phillips and a LB like Hicks should go a long way to fixing their defense.  They already have a high-powered offense.  They are my pick to win the NFC North.  

Bengals improved a ton and were already very talented.  

This is what seems lost on so many NFL reporters and analysts:  

The team we saw in the playoffs isn't the same team we saw against the Bears.  Or the Jets.  Or even the Chargers and 49ers.  Their defense "clicked" at just the right time and wasn't giving up much of anything throughout four playoff games.  

Almost every piece of that team will be back, with Ossai returning from injury, and a massively overhauled (improved!) offensive line.  Sometimes the best defense is a great offense...keep the ball away from the other team.  Good luck stopping Burrow and company on three straight drives and wearing out the defense.  Not with this line, running game, receivers, QB, etc.  

The article was a cool share.  Thank you!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better? - SHRacerX - 03-24-2022, 08:53 AM