Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-24-2022, 01:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think that Zac Taylor and his coordinators and frankly entire staff have proved that they passed the most difficult task and that’s changing from a loser mentality to a winning mentality. They completely changed the culture which is ridiculously tough. They did it in dramatic and expedited fashion. Steven Radicevic (head of pro scouting) on a podcast said they changed their approach 3 years ago (when Zac changed it). Zac told the scouting department to look at players interacting with their teammates on the sideline and look for players from winning teams and of high character. Mission accomplished. Instructed the college scouting department to also look at captains of teams and players from winning programs. Mission accomplished.

This is something that I feel often goes overlooked around here, the amount of input that Zac has with regard to personnel and scouting decisions.  I remember back when he was hired, the common thought was that with a rookie coach, it was back to the old days as far as the front office dictating the roster decision.  Obviously, that is not the case, and Zac indeed has been able to have significant influence over personnel and scouting.  As far as crafting a winning culture?  It was off to a slow start, but has gained massive traction throughout the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - SunsetBengal - 03-24-2022, 01:50 PM