Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-24-2022, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, only Fa'alele has arms that are over an inch longer than Ogden (!) and a ridiculous wingspan of over 86 inches.  

This article highlights his biggest weaknesses and his weight may be too much, and they seem to think he would play better around 350 lbs.  That might be true.  A year of learning behind Collins and working on his NFL conditioning and diet could probably get him to at least 370. 

The fact that he isn't ready to come in and start most likely makes him an ideal pick for the Bengals.  Plus, he has only played RT.  He very well may be there at 31, but no way at 62.  Maybe he becomes a viable option if they take a slight trade back, but all of this is just conjecture if a CB they covet is there at 31 (Booth?).  

Here is a cool article about him.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daniel-faalele-minnesota-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

I don't see a team taking a project like Faalele in the 1st round, depends on how much Pollack likes him. I like his upside IF he
can lower his pad level and play that way consistently. As this article says he gets off balance and doesn't bend his knees enough.

I do like that he is so big that he cannot get pushed back cause he is not only big but really strong and athletic. I also like that he
has a strong punch to knock DL backwards like Collins does. Honestly the Collins pick is why I would look into taking Faalele cause
they are a bit similar except for Faalele is much bigger even though Collins is a monster. I think Collins would be the ideal RT for 
this freak to learn behind.

Maybe if we trade back into the 2nd round I would take him with our first pick, but not at 31. I like about a half a dozen players 
better there including Booth that you mention.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2022, 04:44 PM