Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ohio Students Given Given Sexually Explicit Lesson Plans
(03-21-2022, 10:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've tried various approaches but none of them work. It is a bit bizarre. It reminds me of how many liberals I knew were when Trump took office - fears of the world ending, societal collapse, war, you name it. I just kept saying "I don't like the guy but everything is going to be fine. The world won't end." but it never worked. People just worked themselves up in to a frenzy. My in-laws are staunch conservatives, and when Biden won they were terrified. Talking about moving to Canada, taking money out of the banks and stockpiling cash. My wife started crying and I'm just like, respectfully, what the **** is wrong with you? 

I don't remember warning that the world would end. Did anyone, really? I don't think everything turned out fine even though we had an incompetent vulgarian leading the nation, with little knowledge of the world. Trump was short term value for some, like the extraction industries and our international adversaries, but bad for the nation as a whole.

Even if we discount 1/6 and the continuing push to "secure" elections, I don't think we've recovered from the damage to our foreign policy and international image. There is still a disinformation machine in full swing (your family's reaction to Biden's election is perhaps an effect of this).  The Republican party has become a regime party. Standards of political behavior are lower, etc. etc. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio Students Given Given Sexually Explicit Lesson Plans - Dill - 03-24-2022, 07:11 PM