Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's been talked about, but I am still just amazed...
(03-24-2022, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are going to get crushed for this. We were spying Mahomes with Hubbard and rushing 3 and getting home. Mahomes is 
best on the run out of the pocket and everyone that watched him knows this. You keep him in the pocket and cover, but this 
was the first time I saw the 3 man rush with a QB spy against him and it proved this to be true. No one ever did it better than
our Defense against Mahomes in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game, no one ever did it better.

I saw fil break down (I believe it was Kurt Warner) that showed gaping holes Mahommes could have ran through for large gains.  It also showed open receivers that he missed.

Our defense did play great.  But I guarantee you that if we played the Chiefs a full game with that same scheme we would not shut them out again.  Just like the Jets would not pass 400+ yards every time if they had played us more than once last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's been talked about, but I am still just amazed... - fredtoast - 03-24-2022, 09:18 PM