Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS DOING WELL ON SALARY CAP
Over The Cap.com shows Bengals are 11th from the top on Salary Cap Space. If so, that is a good thing. The opposite are teams in major trouble. Tampa is worst. Others in bad shape are Atlanta, Buffalo, Jacksonville, NY Giants, San Francisco, Miami, Tennessee. Somehow these teams have to dump payroll, they don't even have cap space to draft and sign draft picks.

Now a team that has cap space problems in 2023 is New Orleans.

Bengals are in good shape on Cap Space next 3 years, so far. Of course resigning players will change that. Bengals are in good shape for a Super Bowl team. Amazingly good shape.

The Bengals still have some of their Super Bowl players in Free Agency not signed by Bengals or any team yet. This site shows still unsigned are Waynes-DB, Reiff-OL, Ogunjobi-DT, Hopkins-OL, Su'a-Filo-OL, Huber-P, Hargreaves-DB, Allen-DB, Evans-LB, Spain-LB, Kerr-DT, Morgan-WR, Ray-LB, Flowers-DB, Tate-WR, Johnson-OL, Schreck-TE, Frey-K. Nobody rushed right out to sign any of these players. Often after a while these type players resign with Bengals unless Bengals just don't want them. Some players in the past Bengals didn't even re-sign on the cheap.

So it's safe to say, some Super Bowl Bengals will be re-signed. The question is Who ? There are also 8 teams out there that have to dump payroll big time. So Free Agency is far from done, even if the early rush is over.

I like that Bengals went to Super Bowl, but are still one of best teams on Salary cap, even after the 3 O Linemen and TE added plus some Bengals re-signed, and Bates on Franchise Tag. The Front Office is doing a Super job. As Bengals Fans, we should be glad we are not one of these 8 teams needing to dump payroll before start of season. We should be glad Bengals Front Office seems to have Super Bowl team in good position to continue onward and UP.

I'll add some Super Bowl Bengals that I would like to see re-signed are Huber-P, Ray-LB, Evans-LB. Spain-LG to me would really make this a tough O Line with Williams LT and the 3 added at Center, Right Guard, Right Tackle. It comes down to how much Spain wants. So far, no team has signed him. You would think his price becomes more reasonable the longer he goes unsigned. Ogunjobi at DT it says is still unsigned, and that would be a good keeper. So Free Agency rush may be over, but Free Agent signings far from over.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
BENGALS DOING WELL ON SALARY CAP - kevin - 03-25-2022, 04:26 AM