Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-24-2022, 01:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is something that I feel often goes overlooked around here, the amount of input that Zac has with regard to personnel and scouting decisions.  I remember back when he was hired, the common thought was that with a rookie coach, it was back to the old days as far as the front office dictating the roster decision.  Obviously, that is not the case, and Zac indeed has been able to have significant influence over personnel and scouting.  As far as crafting a winning culture?  It was off to a slow start, but has gained massive traction throughout the team.

My buddy and I have discussed this about ZT and we both agree that he couldn't come in year 1 and blow out the likes of AJ Green, Geno, Dunlap...he had to see which players from the "old guard" could buy in and be team-first guys and learn a new way of doing things.

Clearly, there was massive push back from Dunlap, who became a cancer when he was demoted and asked to adapt his style of play.  Geno and AJ were quiet, but their play dramatically dropped off from where AJ was before injury and Geno was trying to fight through an injury himself.

I didn't start this message to fire up any defenders of those players, but it seems to me, on the outside looking in, that when the last of the old guard was gone, the chemistry improved and the team took off.  I understand why it took two seasons for ZT to get "his roster" and then it took about half a season for them to gel...but gel they did and they were playing as well as any team down the stretch and in the playoffs.  

It was EXACTLY what a lot of us hoped would happen...a young team gets a good start, and gains confidence, hits some adversity and then overcomes it and is flying to the finish line.  It was just so fricking cool to watch.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - SHRacerX - 03-25-2022, 08:48 AM