Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-25-2022, 11:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As a former athlete who was on a National Championship amateur baseball team and coached an amateur soccer team that played in 3 National championships, won 1 and a second in another I never looked at it as we have something to prove to anyone. We were confident and gained confidence we could compete with anyone, but we did not rest with the current roster, we improved it every year to insure we could compete.

I think fans get hung up on other fans or the media's categorizing them. The players and coaches on the other hand know they earned it by the sweat and effort they put in to get there. We lost the SB and that is as strong motivation to get back and win it all.

I see them doing the same as they did in 2021, one game at a time, then analyze and fix weaknesses and utilize strengths as the season progresses.

Just my 2 cents

With this conference winning the AFC Championship won’t be easy. We won a lot of late games barely, the Raiders, Tenn, KC. They could have gone either way. But we won them so I’m going to call it fortunate not lucky.

As others have mentioned injuries a key … but all teams must deal with it in a 17 game plus season. I’ve already mentioned this but self evaluation and identifying their weaknesses on the field and in the booth so to speak to correct those is important. Among them red zone offense, short yardage, and third down conversion (#15) and red zone TD’s (#23). Of course the poor OL contributed to both.

The second part is anticipating how teams will choose to defend you offensively this next season. A former HOF college coach told me once that the key on game day is to be prepared and have had anticipated how a team is going to defend you and have an answer. I think this is a strength of this staff. So before the season that’s also true. You’d have to expect that teams will take Chase away. I think Hurst helps here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - Soonerpeace - 03-25-2022, 12:35 PM