Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking- How Do I Strengthen My Triceps?!
I assume that the wheelchair you've been using is a powered unit which does very little if anything for your upper body. Everyone I ever knew who used a conventional wheelchair had a very strong upper body..I dated a young woman in a wheelchair for around 6 months..she scared me when she got pissed off at me. She had linebacker arms..lol
It's something you may want to consider. It's not as easy, but keeping your upper body in shape beats letting it go to mush. 
Since my surgery last month I've lost most of my strength like it just went *POOF* all at once. As the old saying goes,  use it or lose it. I've experienced atrophy a few times in my life and it always takes longer to build back the strength that to lose it. 
It's really easy to forget about your muscle tone when you don't feel the need to use those muscles every day, but boy howdy you feel it when you need them..    
I'm getting the staples out today. Tomorrow I'm going to start working at building back the lost strength I've lost in a month. I'm figuring on 3-4 months minimum.. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking- How Do I Strengthen My Triceps?! - grampahol - 03-25-2022, 02:38 PM