Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's been talked about, but I am still just amazed...
(03-25-2022, 02:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Bengals.com states:

The formula for each team's 17-game schedule includes:

• home and away games against its three division opponents (6 games)
  • the four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games)
  • the four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games)
  • three games against conference opponents based on the prior year's standings (3 games)

However, I assume that last point is not worded precisely.  

The first point is against our division (Browns, Ravens, Steelers). 

The second is the four teams in the AFC East (Bills, Patriots, Dolphins, Jets).

The third is the four teams in the NFC South (Tampa Bay, Saints, Falcons, and Panthers).

But the fourth only allows two games against 1st place opponents in its conference (1st place Chiefs and 1st place Titans). The other opponent is the 1st place Dallas in the "other conference." I guess it could just say "against opponents" based on the prior year standings. Probably an artifact of the way worded when 16 games. 

At any rate, those are the three that we have different from the Ravens, Steelers, and Browns (the Chiefs, the Titans, and the Cowboys). 

Honestly after we beat the Chiefs twice this year and the Titans I am not afraid of any team on that sched.

Tampa won't be the same, they are losing a lot of players. The Bills are about the only team that I am interested in seeing how
we match up. The Dolphins look good on paper but Tua doesn't scare me at all or that Defense. The Pats are good but I don't
think they are world beaters with Mac.

Happy we played the AFC West last year. That is the Division that scares me a bit, the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders should
all be very good this year with their additions.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's been talked about, but I am still just amazed... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-25-2022, 02:59 PM