Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Maybe best WRs Burrow will ever have
(03-25-2022, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow goes through a progression and hits the first guy who is open.  Very few plays where TE is option ahead of our 3 WRs.  Simple as that.

Also, based on Hursts production so fat I doubt he is very much better at running routes than CJ .

Actually, the tight end would be the #2 or #3 read on a lot of plays because, in three receiver sets with a tight end, Burrow would just go from the outside to the slot receiver or the slot receiver to the outside receiver and then to the tight end because the tight end would be either crossing or somewhere in the middle of the field. The quarterback isn't going to just look to the right side on the outside and then turn his body completely the other way without looking to the tight end first (I know there's certain play calls or unusual circumstances, but I mean normally).

In a lot of plays, he'll be the #1 or #2 target because of the safeties drifting to the outside, blitzing, or having to play man-to-man on the tight end because of linebackers blitzing. 

Also, what do numbers have to do with route running? Watch this video and see that he's actually pretty damn good at running routes for a tight end!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe best WRs Burrow will ever have - BFritz21 - 03-25-2022, 06:24 PM