Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-25-2022, 07:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Scheming he’s doing excellent. Mike Zimmer said so. I know a NFL head coach and AFC OC and both seem impressed with what he’s doing on offense. Their points per play are strong. This year we should find out how much the poor OL is handicapping him. A retired college HOF coach that I know and knows him says it has. But Taylor is no different than Belichick at 38. Except Taylor got to the Super Bowl sooner and had a much quicker turnaround.

There are games where he has failed to attack the defense’s weakness—like the bears game for instance. There are also crucial situations like in the super bowl where he calls predictable plays that get blown up. He has a tendency to run his offense no matter who he’s playing against—without changing the game plan to cater to the specific opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. Yes the oline makes it very difficult because you don’t want burrow to get killed back there, and it’s hard to muster up a run game. But the major area I think he should improve is predictability. it’s easy to tell a pass from a run by formation alone. He needs to do a better job of attacking the weakness and keeping the defense off balance. It makes it incredibly hard to defend an offense when you think they are doing one thing and they do the opposite. Also every pass play should have a shallow route like a slant or cross as a quick outlet in case of pressure.

Don’t get me wrong, we definitely improved and had a good year. Taylor showed signs of improving as a coach for sure. But there are definitely areas he can improve on. I think the oline improving and the overall talent on offense should make his job easy this year.

Burrow can improve as well and I think he will behind an improved oline. I thought this year he didn’t go through his progressions as quickly and didn’t see open receivers—sometimes staring down his hot receivers and missing the wide open back. With more time to throw and more experience I think he will be much sharper.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - Bengalstripes9 - 03-26-2022, 12:20 AM