Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-25-2022, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expecting Booth, Elam or McCreary at 31. I could see Faalele falling to our 2nd round pick no problem with how raw he is and 
the fact he doesn't bend well. These are huge factors when analyzing O-lineman. You have to have good technique and you have
to be able to bend in the NFL or you will be abused like Faalele was in the Senior Bowl. Ends were beating him left and right 
including a guy I like in the mid rounds in Myjai Sanders the Cincy Bearcat.

Faalele will fall, same as Linderbaum both for completely different reasons. Faalele be too big, Linderbaum be too small.

It is weird, I tried to scout lots of offensive linemen, especially when they were tasked with facing a really tough defensive end...needless to say, there aren't going to be a ton of Max Crosby's coming out of the MAC.  The Big 10 is another story, though, and I saw DF buckle some guys that are beasts.

He didn't grade out particularly well relative to all OTs in the NCAA, but you can see the competition level as being a big difference between some of the top tackles from CUSA and MAC, compared to Big 10 and SEC.

I remember when Eric Fisher was taken #1 overall as an OT coming out of Central Michigan (I think it was Central) and thought that even if he "held up" at the Senior Bowl, he was still going to struggle.  He has had a solid career but had a ton of struggles early.  I commend him for improving and not giving up after failed expectations, but he should  have never been drafted #1 overall.  Not saying Reimann will be, but given his age, I don't know how much of a long term prospect he would be as a Bengal.

I think if Faalele is there in round 2, it is a no-brainer, developmental prospect for RT of the future.  If he pans out and can start next year, you can move Collins to RG and move Cappa to LG unless Carman has taken off.  Either way, you have a ton of flexibility.  If he doesn't pan out after one year, you still have another year in strength and conditioning to develop.  He IMMEDIATELY makes an impact on short yardage and could be hilarious to watch next to Collins as an extra tackle.  

He may be raw, but he was the best lineman on a school not known for turning out linemen.  With good coaching, he could be a nice lottery ticket.  There simply aren't many people with his size, strength, and athleticism.  I would have rather he worked out other than bench at the combine, but on the other hand, if other teams are skeptical...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting. - SHRacerX - 03-26-2022, 11:56 AM