Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting.
(03-24-2022, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: At least you didn't lose EVERYTHING each time. I have heard of this happening to many dudes I know.

The future is bright bro, wear them shades. Cool

The snatch trap will now be put on Defenses facing Joe Brrrr.... Mellow

Yeah, happened to me four years ago....the law is clear, and I had no problem with the law and I wrote up the dissolution agreement myself.  We had a handshake agreement that was VERY friendly to her.  Should have been 6.5 years alimony, but I only gave 3 years WITH FOUR ADDITIONAL YEARS UPFRONT.  That is important because it wouldn't be voided should she marry another provider (guy). 

Her attorney explained that I was being very generous and she jumped at it.  Thought we were good to go, and RIGHT before our hearing, her attorney comes back with "Mrs RacerX also wants 50% of the unvested RSUs and 50% of his future bonus earnings for 6 years".  This, after me selling every stock I owned, refinancing my house to take out all the equity, sold my 2nd (fun) car, to give her $250K CASH and half of 401K/IRA investments (additional $500K retirement).  Literally left myself my retirement and $5K  in the bank.  And it wasn't enough, the ***** wanted more.  I tried to argue that the RSUs were not vested yet, thus they were not earned during the marital time, but my attorney said "well, you can try that but it isn't likely".

This is where you will be like GO X! 

Before I gave her the check from the stock sale and mortgage re-fi, I told her I wanted her to say that she swore on her son's life that she would stick to what was drawn up and wouldn't come back for more later.  She said yes.  I said "Say it", which she did.  Well, I recorded it, and sent her attorney a copy and threatened to sue back against her for breach of contract and not acting in good faith and go after HER newly purchased house and Volvo.  Her attorney wisely advised her to not go after the RSUs and future bonuses.

Today, I have made it through the hell of recovering financially (by basically not spending any money for three years) and my son's 529s will cover about 3 of the 4 years of his college and by year 4 I should have enough to cover the final year.  I put his college on me in the agreement because I wanted him to have the blessing of graduating without debt as swimming afforded me.

I won't EVER remarry, and luckily I met an amazing woman that doesn't care.   Blessed and grateful.  So, to any Bengal Brothers out there going through this crap, I would gladly offer advice and I have a good legal knowledge of the rules (at least for Ohio).  

Sorry for the rant, as it is a painful subject for many...no doubt.  But we can overcome and rise again and be happy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With La'el on board Daniel Faalele becomes more interesting. - SHRacerX - 03-26-2022, 12:29 PM