Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-26-2022, 10:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: So the areas Taylor needs to improve on. Of course he could improve. Andy Reid lost 2 games to Zac. Mike Tomlin lost 2 games to Zac. John Harbaugh lost 2 games to Zac. Don’t doubt they had some limitations.

They scored 41 points on the Ravens TWICE. Taylor’s predictability got him two major wins with strong second halves vs KC. On the road against Tenn in the playoffs with little time called some great pass plays to set up the winning field goal. His resume is what it is. 3-1 in his first playoff ever as a head coach and OC. I’ll take it predictability or not LOL. I’ll take clutch over predictability any time. How he called when it counted was pretty darn good.

Sorry I’m not so quick to sing his praises. Well, not really lol. I did complement him quite a bit in my previous posts. He’s got to earn my respect though. At times he’s made some bonehead calls and that sticks in my mind. But overall I really like the team he’s building. Those coaches you mentioned that he beat, what’s his overall record against them? He needs a couple more wins against harbaugh to get to .500. Don’t get me wrong, I very much want to see him evolve into an elite coach. I don’t see it YET though. Lots of room to improve in terms of the areas I outlined (game management, play calling, attacking the defenses main weakness and keeping them off balance, less predictability, etc).

And kudos to Lou and the defense for what they did against the chiefs in the playoffs. The offense did just enough in that game. They didn’t put up a boatload of points against the titans either. Granted the offensive line. But our defense carried us in the playoffs. I think this year the switch will flip on offense as well with an improved oline. And I think Zac and burrow will learn from their mistakes last year as well and get better.

IMO there are fans that are quick to anoint him as the second coming and that’s a bit premature. He’s got a lot to learn and improve on. He definitely has the potential to be one of the top coaches in the league—especially with the talent level on the team. But he’s learning. I think he’ll get there. Burrow will definitely get there. It’ll be fun to watch it play itself out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - Bengalstripes9 - 03-26-2022, 10:38 PM