Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let's talk about roster depth...
(03-26-2022, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am most concerned about our #4 CB.

#4 CB is like the first back up fo 3 different positions.  Very likely to see a lot of playing time.  And a defensive backfieled is only as strong as its weakest link.  Doesn't help to have 2 CBs playing lock down coverage if the third is letting guys run open.

Also concerned about OT, but not as much as CB.

I did not want to rely on any rookie to start, but I could live with one at back up DT.  Or maybe a #4 CB if he was a first round pick.

This is what I had just been thinking with the draft and the CB position. If pick 31 comes around and an offensive lineman that we really like has fallen than maybe you take him. But if that's gone then it has to be CB unless there is a trade back opportunity that doesn't have us fall to far back with a good return. I think we'll have a higher probability of getting a capable DT a little later than a CB. CB is probably our biggest priority heading into the draft and one we really can't risk missing out on. I also think signing Spain and Reiff might be the 2 biggest moves we could still make before the draft. I really want to draft an OL in this draft but if we don't get one in the 1st they will most likely be a project. So get it completely shored up and if one falls in your lap than take them. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - Mer - 03-26-2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - NUGDUKWE - 03-27-2022, 01:31 AM