Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let's talk about roster depth...
(03-27-2022, 07:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Last year we got lucky. Larry O went down and BJ Hill had comparable production. That usually never happens. I think we lack at TE depth, offensive line DEPTH, defensive line depth, linebacker depth and CB depth. If anyone from either of those groups get hurt were in trouble. We are putting a lot of trust in Ossai coming back and being a rotational piece and i think we’re drafting an inferior DL early. I think we’ll get around our linebacker issues by just playing 2 linebacker sets all year. Pratt or Wilson get hurt and we’re screwed.

I’m almost sure our CB depth will be addressed in the draft and with another FA so I’m not worried about that one.

In general i do believe our team is too heavy and will once again rely on its main players playing a lot of snaps and staying healthy. I definitely think if other guys come on the trade block that pass rush we should strike again. The BJ Hill deal was just amazing pay off.

But just to say it. No team really has depth across the board. They usually have strong positions like us and our WRs and they just try and make due. Ppl get hurt it is what it is. Can’t really put money into backup spots to account for guys getting hurt. You gotta give your starters, starter money and hope you other guys step up if needed

I agree on all the depth spots needed. I'm not terribly worried about TE but agree we could use another I just don't want to spend a higher draft pick on a TE when we have more valuable positions needing depth. I really think we should resign Spain and Reiff and that would give us the depth at Oline. We could go CB, DT and LB in the 1st 3rds. One thing that I think is working in our favor is we could use a 4th WR and a safety and there is good depth in this draft and believe we can get a player at each position later that can contribute in spots next year. Maybe we could find a DE in the 4th that could add some depth.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - Mer - 03-26-2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - NUGDUKWE - 03-27-2022, 09:33 PM