Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecmo Not so Super Mock Draft 1.0
This is my first ever attempt at a meaningful mock draft. Thus the "Not so Super" qualifier. I tried to avoid a "fantasy-GM perspective" and base my picks on who realistically might be available each round. I welcome your thoughts and go easy on me, boys.

Round 1, pick 31: Nakobe Dean, LB from Georgia
He's a three-down LB and aligns with Zac's criteria for liking players who have experience in the big games. He's a quick player and immediately strengthens the LB position.

[Image: USATSI_14997527.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Round 2, pick 63: Phidarian Mathis, DL from Alabama
Again, I'm looking for players that fit Zac's mold. He's from a program that plays in the big time games and he's been a team captain. He'll join the DL rotation.

[Image: Phidarian-Mathis.jpg]

Round 3, pick 95: Kenneth Walker III, RB from Michigan St.
The Bengals see Walker III as a great value pick and a means for allowing Mixon to minimize wear & tear on his body. Walker III is both a Walter Camp and Doak Walker winner. If Mixon gets hurt or is a future salary cap cut, then Walker III can start.

[Image: USATSI_16828775.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Round 4, pick 136: Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB from Alabama
Perhaps a bit of a reach at pick 136, but the Bengals find a way to increase depth at CB while also yet again picking a player from a big time program.

[Image: Jalyn-Armour-Davis.jpg]

Round 5, pick 174: Matt Araiza, P from San Diego St.
The Bengals struck gold last year by drafting McPherson. They don't shy away from taking a Punter and view it as a value pick by gaining an instant starter. They don't care about any criticism received with this pick.

[Image: Matt-Araiza.jpg?w=956&h=538]

Round 6, pick 209: Andrew Stueber, OL from Michigan
This pick is all about adding OL depth and Stueber comes from a team with college playoff experience and tough match-ups against Big 10 teams.

[Image: 1229760044.jpg]

Round 7, pick 226: Jack Coan, QB from Notre Dame
He's 6'3"/223 lbs. and ends up a practice squad/developmental player while adding to organizational QB depth. He's the '23 - '24 Burrow backup after Allen isn't resigned.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fslapthesign.com%2Fwp-conte...38515.jpeg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tecmo Not so Super Mock Draft 1.0 - TecmoBengals - 03-28-2022, 11:02 AM