Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Position Picks in Round 1 and Bengals pick (or trade down)
(03-29-2022, 09:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I 100% agree about the added value of the 5th year. It is that value that makes our pick an option for a team looking for their #1WR, CB or QB. In our case other than CB, which we could address in FA or with first pick in round 2, we are not looking for QB or WR.
Our draft board is wide open already in my opinion and we still have 30 days of FA prior the draft and cap money available.

To clarify, you're right in big money positions, though I'd still include LT and a 2 way DE with high sack potential, those guys still get paid.  So, it would be an interesting debate of taking a BPA at the position like Elam vs a solid trade package.  

This QB class has guys that should be late 1sts, but desperate teams can still move up or take them before 31. The WR is deep all over, less likely someone pays a premium to move up.  

So, with this rough of a class at the top, teams have a decision to make.  I know teams can reach, but it's hard to justify some of these mocks with 4 guys gone in the top half of the 1st.  More likely, teams take BPA and try and move up in the 1st, even if it means being behind schedule at the position.  Lastly, you may be able to get a free mid round pick for Detroit moving up one slot to secure a QB, with Cincy being a threat to move down.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Position Picks in Round 1 and Bengals pick (or trade down) - phil413 - 03-29-2022, 10:24 AM