Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Position Picks in Round 1 and Bengals pick (or trade down)
(03-29-2022, 10:24 AM)phil413 Wrote: To clarify, you're right in big money positions, though I'd still include LT and a 2 way DE with high sack potential, those guys still get paid.  So, it would be an interesting debate of taking a BPA at the position like Elam vs a solid trade package.  

This QB class has guys that should be late 1sts, but desperate teams can still move up or take them before 31. The WR is deep all over, less likely someone pays a premium to move up.  

So, with this rough of a class at the top, teams have a decision to make.  I know teams can reach, but it's hard to justify some of these mocks with 4 guys gone in the top half of the 1st.  More likely, teams take BPA and try and move up in the 1st, even if it means being behind schedule at the position.  Lastly, you may be able to get a free mid round pick for Detroit moving up one slot to secure a QB, with Cincy being a threat to move down.  

Well thought out Phil. The reason for us I did not include DE simply was I am high on Joseph Ossai and think he will be a break out pass rusher for us in 2022. I think your Detroit analysis is spot on or any team may want to pay more to move little to get their guy in round 1 versus round 2. They may not give us 2nd, but my guess the cost for us to move one spot may be a late day 2 puck as compensation if there are multiple teams wanted to trade up into round 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Position Picks in Round 1 and Bengals pick (or trade down) - Luvnit2 - 03-29-2022, 12:09 PM