Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Defensive Prospects
Draft is almost here and we are getting alot of talk about this being a defensive draft.

Some guys at #31 I like are:

Kyler Gordon CB Washington - Gordon is a violent football player and that usually translates well to the Pro game but he also has great athleticism and is a good fit for a zone scheme. He does lack elite length but that is not really a huge part of his game.

Perrion Winfrey IDL Oklahoma - Winfrey is very long athletic explosive under tackle that can end up playing alot of spots along the interior. He was disruptive in college but Oklahoma didnt showcase what he is really good at. During the Senior Bowl he really shined all week and was just unblockable.

Few guys at #63 and #95:

Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee - I don't think he really fits what the Bengals are looking for at corner but he is a very long press corner with alot of speed.

Mario Goodrich CB Clemson - The other corner at Clemson is an solid zone corner prospect that dowsnt wow you but just plays well.

Cam Taylor-Brit CB Nebraska - Zone Corner with speed and explosive athleticism. He is the mighty mouse type not very big but thick with solid length. He is a gambler making alot of plays on routes but also missing alot of plays. Also has safety experience.

Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati - We all know Bryant. He has solid speed and athleticism and has been a very good corner in a weaker conference against #2 receivers.

Nick Cross S Maryland - I have nightmarish flashbacks of Cross vs WVU to start the 2021 season he was everywhere. I think he ends up as a box safety mixing in some overhang and cover 2 shells. He plays his best flowing to the ball and attacking the run game.

Phidarian Mathis IDL Alabama - Mathis reminds me alot of BJ Hill. Solid all around IDL that can bring you both run defense and pass rush but will probably never be an outstanding pass rusher.

Thomas Booker IDL Stanford - Booker is another explosive penetrating IDL. Although Booker has alot of experience he doesnt have alot of moves as a pass rusher and relies mostly on his athleticism. I still think his best football is ahead of him.

Anyone else have some Dedendive players they like? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's talk Defensive Prospects - Synric - 03-29-2022, 01:14 PM
RE: Let's talk Defensive Prospects - Yogo - 03-31-2022, 05:42 PM