Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever Had A Police Shooting Near You?
(03-29-2022, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My cousin is actually from Breathitt County.  That is where my Dad was from.  But he had gone to another county to watch the basketball game.

I have actually done a good bit of research on "Bloody Breathitt".  It is quite fascinating that a tiny rural county n Kentucky could get a nationwide reputation like that.  The killing was all politically motivated based on the divisions from the Civil War.  But it was framed as a "feud" because defending family honor sounded better than "political assassinations".

The guy who wrote "Hillbilly Elegy", J.D. Vance, is a great grandson of Judge William Blanton who was behind many of the murders.

The history thoughout this state is full of that stuff. There is a picture of a courtroom in the Mercer County Courthouse where the Judges bench, walls and furniture are all shot to shit from a gunfight that took place in the courtroom between 2 families in the 1890s. People remember the Hatfields and McCoys, but this whole state is full of that crap. It really is an interesting place. It still goes on today in some parts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had A Police Shooting Near You? - Sled21 - 03-29-2022, 02:54 PM