Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-27-2022, 05:47 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I can’t point to specifics as I’m not about to rewatch a bunch of games to make my point. But a good example is 3rd and short where we come out run heavy and you can tell they are running it and it gets stuffed. This happened a lot this year. Our short yardage offense was terrible. Now a better oline would help. But not being so obvious with what we are doing would as well. I think you made a thread about how we could be so much more successful passing on 3rd and short. Sometimes just coming out with a formation that tells you nothing in terms of tendency averages is the best way to keep the defense guessing. We tend to either run empty shotgun on a pass or heavy when we run. Need to get more creative. If teams know what’s coming it’s a little easier on them. If they don’t we’re that much tougher to beat.

The Bengals come out in 13 personnel and run heavy sets on short yardage. The best is SF. Don’t tell Kyle Shanahan that he shouldn’t use it in short yardage and it’s predictable he’s liable to send you to the funny farm or send you to room with Randle McMurphy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - Soonerpeace - 03-29-2022, 03:56 PM