Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let's talk about roster depth...
(03-27-2022, 09:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I agree on all the depth spots needed. I'm not terribly worried about TE but agree we could use another I just don't want to spend a higher draft pick on a TE when we have more valuable positions needing depth. I really think we should resign Spain and Reiff and that would give us the depth at Oline. We could go CB, DT and LB in the 1st 3rds. One thing that I think is working in our favor is we could use a 4th WR and a safety and there is good depth in this draft and believe we can get a player at each position later that can contribute in spots next year. Maybe we could find a DE in the 4th that could add some depth.

I get the desire for experienced oline depth but not sure that I see the how behind it?  We have around 11M in cap with rookies and PS players still to pay, we need a vet CB, possibly DT as well, and the Bengals always want some rollover.

We usually keep 9 linemen active, if Carmen starts with Williams, Karras, Cappa and Collins we still have 4 reserves:
Smith, Hill, Adeniji and Prince.

I understand that Adeniji and Prince did not do well, but both are under contract for 2 more seasons for less than $2M total each.  The most economical substitutions would come from the draft.   I wouldn't think we look for a vet at LG until Carmen, Smith and the rest prove they simply can't get it done.

We could draft both FS and SS and I would be ok.

LB depth seems to be ok for now...  ADG, Bailey, Bachie, Johnston

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - Mer - 03-26-2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - casear2727 - 03-30-2022, 12:32 AM