Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let's talk about roster depth...
(03-30-2022, 12:32 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I get the desire for experienced oline depth but not sure that I see the how behind it?  We have around 11M in cap with rookies and PS players still to pay, we need a vet CB, possibly DT as well, and the Bengals always want some rollover.

We usually keep 9 linemen active, if Carmen starts with Williams, Karras, Cappa and Collins we still have 4 reserves:
Smith, Hill, Adeniji and Prince.

I understand that Adeniji and Prince did not do well, but both are under contract for 2 more seasons for less than $2M total each.  The most economical substitutions would come from the draft.   I wouldn't think we look for a vet at LG until Carmen, Smith and the rest prove they simply can't get it done.

We could draft both FS and SS and I would be ok.

LB depth seems to be ok for now...  ADG, Bailey, Bachie, Johnston

I was thinking that Reiff and Spain might be additions that could be on the cheaper side while giving us proven depth. I think either way it shakes out in the draft we should be able to get CB and DT that could at least contribute this year. The earlier the better as far as odds of them contributing so if Oline is no longer a need at all then we could draft them 1 and 2. I know we run defense with 2 LBs but beyond Pratt and Wilson I'm not sold. I think we should draft one this year for depth and hopefully help this year. I think the linebacker position is an area we can continue to improve.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - Mer - 03-26-2022, 10:51 AM
RE: Let's talk about roster depth... - NUGDUKWE - 03-30-2022, 10:17 AM