Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Defensive Prospects
Good thread. I think the Bengals absolutely need improved positional depth at offensive positions such as OL, TE, and maybe even a better backup RB; however, I'd greatly value pick #31 as a player who can come in and play significant snaps for the '22 - '23 season. Is there any room for a player on offense to do that? QB, RB, WR, TE, and OL seem locked down for the starters. I suppose if a special OL talent fell to pick 31, then a player could come in and start over Jackson, or maybe Karras shifts from C to G?

Thus, a presupposition exists that the offense is ready to roll with its starters and a defensive player, who can contribute by playing a lot of snaps, makes sense for pick 31.

I agree with the S and two CBs ochocincos recommends. Other possibilities:

Nakobe Dean, LB - three-down LB according to online scouting reports, players on a championship team and Zac likes players who have been in the big games.

David Ojaboe, Edge - he doesn't fit the mold of someone who can immediately contribute because of the injury, but it might be a great value pick if he falls.

Andrew Booth JR., CB - he could instantly compete for playing time; however, many mocks now show him going way before pick 31.

I think we had a great FA period by beefing up the OL and ensuring we have a TE. Maybe it signals the early rounds of the draft will focus on beefing up the defense?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's talk Defensive Prospects - Synric - 03-29-2022, 01:14 PM
RE: Let's talk Defensive Prospects - TecmoBengals - 03-30-2022, 12:51 PM
RE: Let's talk Defensive Prospects - Yogo - 03-31-2022, 05:42 PM