Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give the defense some love
(11-30-2015, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and might add a healthy DL where Peko does not have to play 65% of these snaps as he did a year ago is also a key

But Atkins is fun to watch when he is healthy, I would hate him as a QB because he comes right up the gut and is on them for they blink

Yes, absolutely this too.  I really thought Peko's better days were behind him last season.  He was getting blown off the ball, and just wasn't able to stuff the gap and hold blockers that well.  Looks like night and day difference this year. He's still getting long in the tooth, but he just may have a year or two left in the tank after all.

Atkins is just a straight up dominant player.

(11-30-2015, 01:24 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Atkins is key to DL as is Burfict. Taze just football smart he reads the offenses well. 

Yep, Burfict is just so quick to react.  If the DL is doing their job and keeping blockers off of him, he's almost Singletary level.....almost. 

(11-30-2015, 01:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree about those 2, but many fans don't understand the concept of our defensive scheme as the guys like Peko and Rey M. are keys to our success. Rey and Peko's job is to eliminate the blockers first to allow Burfict or Vinnie Rey when he played lanes to make tackles in the run game

MJ and Dunlap are also very good run defending DE's

Absolutely agree on all points.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give the defense some love - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-30-2015, 01:40 PM