Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(03-30-2022, 07:07 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Some, including me, still feel this way.  But the point made earlier about this seeming to imply the Bengals have long term ambitions in Cincinnati is encouraging.

I think as long as the Browns have control of the Bengals they will stay in Cincinnati.  Katie and her brother Paul as well as Troy Blackburn and all their children were all born and raised in Cincinnati.  However, getting a stadium deal in 10 years or so could put the stadium in Kentucky, Indiana, or the suburbs instead of downtown.

The biggest threat to the Browns' continued ownership is cash.  While extremely wealthy, their major assets are tied up in the team. I am assuming that Mike Brown has already put in place the mechanisms to protect Katie and Paul from the massive inheritance taxes that have forced the sales of at least 3 teams.  The Haslams upped the cash ante with the Watson contract and in the long run it will be difficult for the Browns to be able to put hundreds of millions of dollars in escrow to pay off crazy contracts.  Add on building an indoor practice facility and having to kick in personal/team money for a new stadium down the line and ultimately they may not be able to afford all of that without heavy borrowing against the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 07:23 PM