Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police
So it is a very slow day here (first day of hunting in PA) and I had time to go back an reread this thread to see if perhaps it had gone off-course somehow.

Just to recap.

This thread was never about the victims. Clearly no one wants to diminish the innocent lives lost to a terrorist.

The thread, this board usually, is to discuss the political and social implications of such attacks and events. While there is often something said about the real world lives lost the vast majority of the posts here are not about that.

There is nothing wrong with such posts about the people involved...nothing at all. And perhaps we should be MORE concerned about them than what to "think" about each event. However this thread was presented as a rebuttal to the multitude of recent posts about the refugees that should be banned due to "violence" they "might" bring with them.

Specifically, however, some wanted to change the tone of the thread to fit their political/social agenda and then claim the OP (and others) had no heart because the thread wasn't about what they now want it to be.

(11-27-2015, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Terrible situation. Where did it say the shooter was Christian?

(11-27-2015, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would I bet on something I have no idea about or influence on? I think I'll just wait and see before jumping to conclusions. 

(11-27-2015, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That moment when folks look silly when they realize being white doesn't automatically make you Christian.

What was the race of the people that carried out the Paris bombings?

'''''''waiting for someone to say human.

(11-27-2015, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I will.

Like I said we should wait before we stereotype.

A couple years ago there was shooting here on post. Everybody immediately assumed we were getting ready for another Ft Hood type shooting. Turned out it was a "domestic issue". 

(11-27-2015, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unlike you and the OP I do not know the religious affiliation, if any, of the man responsible for this shooting. I was merely commenting on the ignorance of a couple guys assuming the shooter was a Christian because he was a WHITE MALE.

Those involved in the Paris Terror attack were WHITE MALES.  

(11-27-2015, 11:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because there are those that must try to compare domestic crimes to international terrorism and Jihad. I have no idea why they try so hard, but apparently it means a lot to them. 

There was a guy on here about a week ago that posted about a shooting in Texas, simply because it involved a WHITE MALE. 

Wack jobs come in all shapes and sizes; but anyone trying to compare these issues to international Terrorism is just displaying their simple side. 

It took until this post to mention the victims.

(11-28-2015, 02:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now research the word international. 

We will soon discover his motivation and there is a good chance that he was misguided. 

Debating this while 3 people who left for work this morning don't get to come home makes us all seem petty.

(11-28-2015, 02:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose the obvious point that is missed is that we do not yet know the motivation of the shooter. 

Maybe, just maybe we can wait to discover that before we "argue" over it. 

(11-28-2015, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhmmmm......The motive pretty much determines if it is terrorism or not; domestic or otherwise. 

(11-29-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The take is not "interesting"; the take is motive determines if it is terrorism or not. Pretty much everybody but you and Nately understand this simple fact.

(11-29-2015, 01:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: None of this has to do with the idiotic statement that it is terrorism regardless of the motive. Actually you have tried to show motive in this post to explain why it was terrorism.

(11-29-2015, 03:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is profound that you continue to post, because others look at your posts and say "Is that me?" Then they have to look into the mirror and answer the question.

I have no idea when Americans started hating America, but it has happen and many take pride in it.

The OP is something that is shameful and it is crazy the support it is getting.

(11-29-2015, 01:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will give you an A for effort; unfortunately, you receive an F for content. Go back and read Post #16 and tell me if that situation was an act of Domestic Terror. And then explain why you say it is or is not (no meme, no feeble attempt at imitation, no cut and paste, just your own thought process). The shooter's name is Marquinta E. Jacobs if you need to do additional research.

This is my last post on this petty back and forth with you on this subject, as I feel it is trivializing the tragedy of the event. You can rest assured that you can answer the question about Post 16 as asked without retort. 

And after being shown how wrong he was...we go back to the victims.

(11-29-2015, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The part that is getting lost in this thread:

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-shooting-suspect-said-no-more-baby-parts-011209476.html

And after being called out, again:

(11-29-2015, 10:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not one person has said its not a sad, horrible thing that people got killed in a terrorist attack.

Its just that some (you) won't admit it was terrorism so you want to make it about something other than that and will focus on the victims THIS time.

Its sad.  Just admit you are wrong and move along.

We all mourn the dead.  This isn't about that in this thread.

We play the martyr card:

(11-29-2015, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The truly sad thing is that you would reply to a post sharing information about the victims in such a manner.

Where have I denied it's an act of terrorism? 

I have said we should wait before we stereotype the shooter as a Christian radical (early reports indicate he had no religious ties) and that motive is necessary to determine whether or not it is an act of terrorism.

There was someone in here (I should add it to my sig) that ridiculously said "Its domestic terrorism...not matter what the motive was."

But if it will help you to stop trying to defend this ridiculous statement: "I was wrong"; not sure about what, but "I was wrong".

What is this thread about, if it is not a forum where we can mourn the dead?

(11-29-2015, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Truly sad, but I have just been informed that this thread is not about that. 

Just wanted to get all that in before the posts disappear (again) or it is claimed "no one cares about the victims" (again).

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police - GMDino - 11-30-2015, 01:56 PM