Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(03-31-2022, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed about the next stadium.  Tough thing is it would have to be right where the current one is so maybe they have to play a year at UC?  Long ways away, but I think the current situation with Buffalo is pretty similar to here.  The taxpayers are putting up $850 million and ownership is putting up the rest (I believe) for a new open-air stadium.  If there was ever a team that should have a dome, I thought it would be Buffalo.  

Regardless, a dome allows for more concerts and other events year-round and more money to the banks.  It probably won't be for 10-15 years, and it will be "the house that Burrow built" because before he came along, the city would have never supported a new stadium.  Now, I bet taxpayers would be 100% behind it.  Winning, in fact, does cure everything.  

Most of the money for the new Buffalo stadium is coming from the state of New York.  Somehow I can't see Ohio chipping in for a new stadium in Cincinnati. The NFL is kicking in $200 million and ownership $350 million plus cost overruns.  The state will also contribute to day to day running expenses
Buffalo's stadium was built in 1973

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-31-2022, 09:36 AM