Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped
(03-31-2022, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: didnt it take them 3 years (ie time ZT has been coach here)

To have a winning team it takes as we all know lots of ingredients. I’m going to just center on 2. The Jets added C J Uzomah and maybe their culture will be much better. But you have to have the talent as well. The Rams got Matthew Stafford and Von Miller. FredToast and others who can’t see the forest for the trees.

The Bengals when Taylor took over didn’t have a roster worth a flip. The scouting and personnel department had been in place for years. How’d they done? How did they do drafting? Taylor did bring his experience from Miami and McVay as well as his own. He directed Duke and his staff to bring him college players who were from winning programs. He wanted team captains. He also wanted free agents that were likewise. Those players were evident. Hilton and Hendrickson were hard workers and great teammates. Logan Wilson was an unbelievable leader at Wyoming.

He got rid of the players on the roster who didn’t buy in. If people can’t see the metamorphosis of the winning mindset that Taylor developed then they truly can’t see the forest for the trees. No you can’t do what he did without it producing results. But if you can’t see the make over of this teams culture then you are just biased or stubborn. But to get a team that had lost so many games and a franchise with a history of losing to turn it around like he did is pretty amazing. Like I said I know a NFL HC and OC and that’s what amazes them.

Those thinking that improving the roster is all it takes are lost. This team’s roster was not as elite as most Super Bowl teams and even with the recent OL FA overhaul Vegas seems to agree. Taylor had a great season. Plain and simple.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped - Soonerpeace - 03-31-2022, 12:00 PM