Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped
(03-31-2022, 01:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s no doubt that as I pointed out adding C J Uzomah isn’t going to resurrect the Jets. But the roster improved after Zac arrived. Coincidence? I don’t think so. He’s the one who adamantly wanted Chase. Duke Tobin was running things when Zac took over. Okay everybody seems to think he’s excellent. Well I do know Zac respects him. I think Zac has helped him look at adding different types of players. He convinced him to look at their mannerisms with their teammates. Look at their leadership more. So I’m a believer he’s impacted the roster. The culture well I don’t know if there’s room to chronicle all the comments by players validating that.

But I don’t know where the percentages reside on responsibility for the turnaround as far as talent and culture. We know it’s both and you need both. But a losing teams mindset is not something that is like a light switch just because your talent is better it goes away. This team had confidence that continued to flourish after the bye week and never really stopped.

The Bengals had some luck, good coaching, disciplined team that rarely got caught for penalties and elite play at skill positions.  That's why they went to the Super Bowl.  That KC game which clinched the division title was a great example of all that.  All those KC penalties near the end of regulation sealed the win for the Bengals.  That's luck cuz another official might not call it.  

Chase and Burrow were phenomenal in the playoffs, both are rare talents for their ages.  

All their wins were with 3 pts or less during Jan and Feb, same for their lone loss.  Hairs difference from losing or winning by the Bengals, so not one thing, just a bunch of different ways that football bounced right for the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped - bengals1969 - 03-31-2022, 03:07 PM