Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped
(03-31-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The draft can be a crap shoot.  But if you build a team the Ram's way, you'll be in cap hell very quickly (have a small Super Bowl window). If you hit on draft picks, you get a great contract for the first 4 years that allows you to spend more on improving the team. If we trade all of our top picks for all pro players, we'll be at the cap very quickly and be out the picks. If we hold onto our draft picks, pick BPA, and spend to the cap in FA, we'll be much better off long term. 

With having Burrow and a great team/locker-room, we are very enticing to FAs. I say we use that to our advantage (as we are doing), and hold onto our draft picks. We still spend to the cap and bring in great players both in FA and the draft.

I'm quite pleased with this FA period. We are in position to take BPA in the draft which is a huge factor in a successful draft.

Completely agree with everything you say here Bengalstripes9.

I think we are going about it the right way rather than the Rams way. They won their SB, congrats. 

I don't think they will be back anytime soon like we will as long as we stay healthy and keep doing things the way we are.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2022, 06:36 PM