Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped
(03-31-2022, 11:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The entire argument was whether talent is the reason for winning or not. Guess you've just proven that its not freakin talent according to win/loss records. 

Anyway , Rudi ran for more yards in 05 than Mixon did this year 1,458 to 1,205
Carson and Burrow were very close on TD's but Burrow had a few more INT's 
Chad and Chase were within 23 yds of each other
Higgins beat TJ by 135 yds but had less TD's 
CJ was clearly better than Kelly though
Boyd is a scale tipper though

Both had good teams

Plus wins is everything to me and why I love this Bengals team so much, playoff success.

Winning is always easier with better talent, but talent doesn't always equal winning.

You can give both me and Jeff Gordan equal racing vehicles and he'll crush me. You give me a racing vehicle and him a moped and I will beat him.

Counting statists aren't a real good gauge either, honestly. 
AJ Green 2020: 16 games, 47/523 (11.1)/2
AJ Green 2021: 16 games, 54/848 (15.7)/3

It's not like AJ got more talented between years. 

Heck, 2005 is a great example of this. Santana Moss in 2005 had more receiving yards, higher YPC, and equal TDs compared to Chad in 2005. Nobody is going to be saying that Santana Moss is more talented than Chad Johnson, though. (Chad was 1st team All-Pro that year.)

- - - - - -

Yeah, I enjoyed the playoff run too. I am just saying it's not some mystical culture. It's getting better players. 2021 was probably the most talented team in Mike Brown's history. They were beat by the Rams who got even more talented players (and had better coaching who didn't have Samaje Perine be the one who had the entire SB rest on his shoulders).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped - TheLeonardLeap - 04-01-2022, 07:36 AM