Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy?
(04-04-2022, 12:24 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: How much of a wr trade market is left out there?  DK metcalf is supposedly available for the right price.  Teams are rumored to be inquiring with Washington about mclaurins availability.  

Why would teams trade for Boyd when they can draft a pretty good wr prospect in rounds 2-4 themselves?

Don’t get me wrong, I would consider trading trading him for the price.  Or possibly for a player straight up, such as cb James bradberry of the giants.  I’m not saying the giants would do this, just offering an example of a potential trade type target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is as some have mentioned earlier, the Bengals have no depth at WR right now.  They have Chase, Higgins, Boyd and then a bunch of basically special teams players.  So letting Boyd go would mean there is a hole to fill.  Right now in my opinion the Bengals are in a good spot in the draft where in the first round they can probably draft the best player available within certain limits (obviously no need to draft a QB or WR in the first).   Then they can work from there.  If they let Boyd go this year then they have a significant need to find a 3rd WR. 

So I think it is best to keep him this year so as to not create another position of need.  That buys them at least a year find a replacement either through a post day one draft pick to develop or explore other free agent options for the 2023 season.

This may very well be the last year the Bengals have such a great WR group for Burrow to throw to.  It is a big part of the team identity and a big reason why they went to the Super Bowl.   Keep those WRs in place for hopefully another SB run this year and work on Boyd issue later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy? - George Cantstandya - 04-04-2022, 01:09 PM