Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy?
(04-04-2022, 01:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I said consider moving him, but not in 2022 unless we plan on drafting his replacement in round 1 or 2. But, it is true Higgins is signed through 2023.
I think it depends on 2023 if we need money to extend Burrow and have planned for a replacement for a Boyd or a Mixon.

I was us all in in 2022 so please don't misinterpret why I started this thread, it is more about FO planning so we are ready, but I want this group together at least 1 more year. It will interesting to see if they can give JB an extra.5 to 1 second in the pocket. I think these receivers will get open more often if that happens.

2023 could be a possibility but we definitely need to draft a WR early this year (1st 3 rounds) if we are considering moving on from Boyd next year. We also need to hit on that pick and get him solid playing time as a rookie if that is the plan.

It’ll also depend on how our FA’s from this season and our first/second year players develop. We could see a lot of holes that we need to fill next year or very few depending on how the season plays out.

The cap shouldn’t be an issue next year either though so it won’t be a dire situation but at that point I could see if we draft another stud wr this year and can get a 3rd round pick trading him next year making sense. I don’t think they’ll panic about Higgins and think we need to trade/cut Boyd before Tee’s contract is up though. Saving $10 mil next season and putting that towards an early extension for Tee would help but on a long term extension it’ll only do so much. It won’t likely won’t make the difference between us keeping him or letting him walk, it’ll just make the cap hits easier to swallow as the contract goes on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy? - leonardfan40 - 04-04-2022, 03:29 PM