Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? (2022)
(04-05-2022, 05:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that would be due to prorating his signing bonus over a few years or something to that effect.   IE they paid him up front but its on the books over 2-3 years.   But any roster bonuses due and salary not already paid would go to the new team with the trade.

Yeah that's what I figured, including the bonus that spreads over the contract length and creates dead money in case of this player being cut. I used to believe that trading a player would create no additional dead money from (possibly guaranteeed) salary aside from the signing bonus. But then again, overthecap claims trading Hubbard would create a similar amount of dead money then cutting him, and so does madden 21 (ok a computer game with limited contract options, but still), and it further claims this dead money would be quite astronomical not only this year, but beyond (also aligning with how madden deals with trades). That's why I'm unsure.

overthecap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? (2022) - hollodero - 04-05-2022, 05:25 PM