Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How the Bengals managed to stay healthy leading up to Super Bowl
(04-06-2022, 01:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This I agree with.  Of course there is luck or bad luck when injuries happen.  If a 300lb plus player steps on another players ankle during a play causing an injury that is bad luck.  If a player pulls a hamstring running a route in practice that may have something to do with conditioning or it could also be a bit a of bad luck depending on how it happened.  For example claims were made that AJ's injury in 2019 might have had something to do with the field in Dayton being in poor condition.  Although Zac stated he didn't think the field was part of the issue.  So if he stepped on a bad part of the field and it contributed to his injury that was probably bad luck mixed with poor playing conditions.

Taking measures to limit non-contact injuries based on data and advances in sports science is most likely going to help minimize non-contact injuries.  It certainly will not eliminate the bad luck but it should decrease the odds of a non-contact injury.  If the Bengals staff continues to follow the science and improve on what they have learned to reduce injuries that is something that should be expected.

Anyway I don't get all the arguing over an article that is pointing out what the Bengals are doing to help reduce the risk of injuries.  The Bengals seem to be making great progress with all aspects of their team.  That's all that matters to me.

AJ's injury was likely age and playing style. He runs and jumps a lot. I don't know many WR's with his build that stay healthy past 30. Randy Moss was basically done at 32.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Bengals managed to stay healthy leading up to Super Bowl - THE PISTONS - 04-06-2022, 02:53 PM