Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-06-2022, 10:16 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: It’s honestly so hard to see the Bengals doing that. That’s admitting they made a wrong move three times. Trading back, Drafting Carman, and singing a C in FA only to draft one at 31.

I don’t think any of the O linemen will be there anyways. And I think it’s corner all day long. I’d rather have an edge if one was BPA. We seriously  need more rushers. If Trey Hendrickson goes down, we have absolutely no one who get get pressure consistently.

Agreed with everything here, except that last point.  Karras has experience playing LG, recently, and played very well there.  If  you can move him there and not weaken the line with the addition of a guy like Linderbaum, you have potentially improved all four weak spots on the line in one offseason.

Carman not starting at year 2 is not a sign that he is an epic failure.  You draft guys like him and hope they can contribute right away, but that is rarely the case.  They still have lots of time to develop Carman before he would become a free agent.  Having guys groomed to take over when it is their turn is how you avoid massive drop offs in talent when you lose veterans to FA.  You can't simply address every position in FA...there just isn't enough dollars to go around.

That is another reason why you most likely draft a CB or EDGE rusher.  The absurd cost of those positions once they hit their second contract (if they are a solid player).  Just look at the difference between a top slot CB and a top outside CB.  About $10 million per year.  Ditto top EDGE rusher vs. Top interior rusher.  

I still like Linderbaum because I believe the experts that see him as a top 15 talent that would be a steal at 31, but I don't think he will be there so it doesn't really matter.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - SHRacerX - 04-07-2022, 08:11 AM