Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give the defense some love
(11-30-2015, 04:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Between Shawn Williams and Derron Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if they get some chances at S before we invest a high pick in one unless we just fall in love with a guy come April.

As for CB...Josh Shaw is showing why he was once such a highly touted player. He's looked very steady out there. I don't think it will be as dire as some think.

Personally, I would like us to focus on the DL. Edge rushers and youth inside. 
We have invested a fair amount on the DL in the draft and come away with next to nothing. We need to add a premium talent there so it isn't all revolving around Geno and Carlos. 

Sure don't get me wrong, I am by no means giving up on the rookies and young DBs we have already on the roster. However let's not forget that Dennard is now out for the year and will enter next season potentially as a starter with limited experience. The talent could well be there and I agree with Shaw looking decent in what we have seen of him. There is no shying away from the fact though, that a lineup without potentially both Jones and Hall would be lacking in a lot of experience. I wouldn't describe the situation as dire, but it would cause this team a lot of trouble. 

I agree about the DL and next years draft seems to have a lot of talent at that position declaring. A premier NT to replace Peko would be fantastic.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give the defense some love - BritishBengal - 11-30-2015, 05:16 PM