Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-07-2022, 08:14 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At this point, i really can't give a definite answer.

to me, who's left in FA plays a big part in how i would draft.

For example, if JC Tretter is still a FA once the draft starts, then i'd likely skip on drafting on OL early and try to fill other needs. Then after, try to fill my weakest spot with a solid vet, and give them a 1 year deal. Something like that would ensure that I know if Carman can handle LG without sacrificing Burrow.

I would sign Tretter now and move Karras to LG.  That would be a pretty good offensive line and better than we currently have.  You wouldnt need to worry about if Linderbaum were there at 31 or any other O-lineman.  You could concentrate most of the draft on making the defense better.

If we go with our currently signed guys on O-line, that leaves a question mark at LG.  How will Carman handle the job.  Can he stay healthy.  Then you have Karras at center.  He played much better at guard.  When he played center his PFF was on par with Hopkins.  I would rather have Karras at left guard where he played better and sign an elite center like Tretter.  Our Oline would be much better with this setup.  Right now we have only upgraded two spots on the O-line and that is RG and RT.  The rest is on par with last year.  I think we still need to improve on the O-line. 

Drafting someone to help the Oline is always a guessing game.  You dont know how they will pan out.  Right now we have a chance to sign a know commodity in Tretter.  You sign him and you know you have improved the Oline.  Make the Oline good by signing Tretter and use the draft to improve the defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - 007BengalsFan - 04-07-2022, 11:23 AM