Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-07-2022, 11:23 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would sign Tretter now and move Karras to LG.  That would be a pretty good offensive line and better than we currently have.  You wouldnt need to worry about if Linderbaum were there at 31 or any other O-lineman.  You could concentrate most of the draft on making the defense better.

If we go with our currently signed guys on O-line, that leaves a question mark at LG.  How will Carman handle the job.  Can he stay healthy.  Then you have Karras at center.  He played much better at guard.  When he played center his PFF was on par with Hopkins.  I would rather have Karras at left guard where he played better and sign an elite center like Tretter.  Our Oline would be much better with this setup.  Right now we have only upgraded two spots on the O-line and that is RG and RT.  The rest is on par with last year.  I think we still need to improve on the O-line. 

Drafting someone to help the Oline is always a guessing game.  You dont know how they will pan out.  Right now we have a chance to sign a know commodity in Tretter.  You sign him and you know you have improved the Oline.  Make the Oline good by signing Tretter and use the draft to improve the defense.

Don't have to convince me, i've been on the sign him now train, forget about the OL and draft DDDDDDDDDDD

(04-07-2022, 12:06 PM)northernbengal Wrote: You're right on. Also aside from Jonah I think all the OL starters are on 3 year deals. So even with the fifth year options you get two years at most. We need to give Carman another year and reevaluate next year. If things look bad by week 7 then we should look to trade to replace him.

Don't give 2 cents about Carman's fweelings right now, I'd rather he have hurt feelings than to put him out there and watch Burrow get hurt.

anyways, i'm a big fan of drafting a player a year before you actually need him. Too many times players come in and have unrealistic expectations put on them to be high caliber guys right off the bat. I'd rather they spend a year developing then you know what you have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - Mike M (the other one) - 04-07-2022, 03:33 PM