Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-07-2022, 04:28 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I hear you but if he is a bust he is a bust. Waiting around to watch it won't help us win. Get more talent. Let them compete. When you make a mistake its better to move on. If Carman can turn it around then great! We have more depth and guys that can move around and play for injuries. I think Green/Zion are better and would start over Carman. If that involves hurting someone's draft pride or ego I don't care. 

Taking a CB at 31 will not make him a starter. Especially considering who will be there. 

We do not need a rotational Nose Tackle. The top 2 DTs will not be there at 31.

Pitre is a nickel corner at best and a hybrid CB. We have that already. Get that guy off your draft board. Mike Hilton is already a better version of this guy

I agree on S for sure. But again not sure the talent will match the pick at 31. Yeah no way Hamilton falls. He is going top 10 for sure. But there are Safties in the later rounds that can grow and develop. I like Joeseph in round 2 or a couple other guys in rounds 3-5.

I definitely agree on all of your points. But my main point is that those positions you mention just do not line up with our pick at 31. Who knows how it will pan out though. Maybe a top DT or CB falls. Anything can happen. All I am saying is that the drafts I am doing none of those CBs are there and the DTs are gone aside from a NT. We would have to reach into round 2 to get a CB. And almost evey time I do the mock draft Green or Zion is there. If a top CB is there I would have a harder time picking. And would not mind either one. I just do not want to reach for a 2nd-3rd round CB or a DT that is not a 3 tech. Our rotation player we lost is still a FA! (We could sign him again) And he was a 3 tech not a NT. We do need one of those but I just cant take the 64th ranked player at 31 when there are better ranked players at LG and we have a good chance of having a need there 

The players I'm looking at for pick 31, personally:
- Perrion Winfrey, DT
- Kaiir Elam, CB
- Trent McDuffie, CB
- Roger McCreary, CB

Players I'd be excited about if they fell to Bengals, but I'm not expecting to be there:
- Dax Hill, S
- Zion Johnson, OL
- Kenyon Green, OG
- Tyler Linderbaum, C
- Charles Cross, OT
- Trevor Penning, OT
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote