Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-08-2022, 11:00 AM)Whatever Wrote: How many OL are you guys going to carry on the 53, 12?

OL is a position you have to draft and develop now.  Rookie quality starters are few and far between.  If you're going to draft over every rookie OL that doesn't immediately impress, you're just going to be constantly wasting draft picks and not really doing anything to improve the team.  You're going to be cutting cheap depth when you are going to need those cheap contracts at other positions when Burrow gets paid.  

Williams, Collins, Karras, Cappa, and Carman would all have guaranteed spots.
Spain would also have a spot if signed.
That would leave 4 depth spots to be fought for between Adeniji, Prince, Smith, Hill, and two draft picks.

And I said nothing about moving on from Carman so quickly. I just want insurance in case he doesn't perform well or has another injury. Because I'm not ready to give up on him yet, I don't want to invest a Rd 1 or Rd 2 pick for an OG. The players I mainly don't have faith in right now are Adeniji, Prince, and Hill. I think Adeniji was misplaced at RG though. He's better outside. Prince is straight bad. Never really cared for Hill even through the draft process. In my ideal scenario, new mid-round OT would bump Prince off the roster and a new Day 3 OC would possibly bump off Hill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - ochocincos - 04-08-2022, 02:20 PM