Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
In in this late, lots of good points.

He is our guy, they need a contingency plan and my guess is there are two things going on here. Before that though we have to get past the bitterness of the past. They've changed A LOT of how they build a roster, so don't just assume they have penned in converted tackle with a back issue at LG. It's a competition they'd hope their high asset wins, but you have to have a contingency if you're wanting to win.

So, IMO there is still one piece coming. First, if you truly believe in taking a BPA that isn't a top need is worth taking if the value is enough...you can't write off the draft. They visited Salyer who could be a 3rd, and he is versatile. They've been bad recently developing young OL, but that doesn't preclude a pick.

Secondly, a vet FA that will have to settle for being part of a competition or backup is the better option on paper. Half the posts are bringing in Spain due to familiarity, let the market humble him, he understands that Carmen could start of it's close and he gets to be a versatile backup. No reason to worry about his attitude or how Jackson feels about it, they both have to see it's about winning. Not just Spain, but any FA. I had Michael Schofield as a G/T in my mock offseason for instance. I don't think we have a clear read on D'Ante Smith. He may be the competition or he may be being groomed as a tackle. I like him a lot, but they are still one body short. Most ideal for the roster may be a versatile G/C to push Carman or worst case Trey Hill. We can all day about "they like ______" but we are trying to win a ring. Get one more average body in there and I'm happy. Bottom line is Carman is their guy in pencil with a name beside it, we just don't know who that player is yet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - phil413 - 04-08-2022, 07:29 PM