Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
(03-28-2022, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He does not suck.

He is #7 on the career assist list

And he takes as many, if not more, "game winning shots" than any other player.

So pretty much everything you said was 100% false.

1. When the ball is always in your hands, you're going to get assists. LeBron has played a very long time. So of course his all-time total is going to be high. That said, he's only averaged double digit assists exactly once in his career.

So I would say his passing is a smidge overrated. If you were judging him purely as a passer, would you put him over Stockton? Magic? Kidd? CP3? I wouldn't put him in that class at all. He mainly gets assists by driving the paint and kicking to an open guy.

Also worth noting that the NBA has been much more liberal on what constitutes an assist during Bron's era. Bron can make a simple pass to AD, have him make 2 moves and drive the paint well defended, and Bron still gets an assist.

2. It's hard to find up to date comprehensive info on LeBron's game winning shots, and some sources try to tweak what constitutes a "game winner".

To me (and most), a game winner should be a shot that gets you the lead and happens within 5 seconds of the game ending.

On such shots, LeBron went a ridiculously bad 5/47 from 2006 to 2016. I imagine it didn't improve much in the past 5-6 years, as Bron is regularly shown bricking clutch shots or deferring to teammates.

https://mobile.twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/703425374294769664?lang=en
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread